Sunday, June 8, 2014

300 Rise of an Empire: Seriously Not Recommended for Kids



I recently watched the movie "300 Rise of an Empire" with my cousin and Uncle at home. It was the follow-up to the 2007 film "300" taking place before, during, and after the events of the latter film. Honestly, I was itching to watch this film because I was fond of 3oo before, and simply because I liked the actor behind King Leonidas. Here came we watched it, and there was too much blood that my eyes couldn't take.

In the first part of the movie, I was enjoying it. But there  was blood here and there, and then later on the fighting events became more gross, more evil and heartless. I tried so hard to endure the bloodiness. I even screamed at one point when a Persian soldier sliced the Greek soldier's head into two, and it was so clear, so vivid, and so detailed. Blood gushing out directly from head, cut arms and legs, brutal piercing of sword and sliced intestines.

Immediately upon seeing those brutal war, I remembered my younger brother, Egay, aged thirteen. Just some days ago, I remembered he bought a DVD of 3oo Rise of an Empire, and I was suddenly distraught. I said to myself, "Oh no! Egay shouldn't watch this! No, no, no. Kids mustn't watch this kind of movie! It's too brutal to be true!"

And then I grabbed my phone and sent this message to my Mom:

"Did Egay watch the movie 300 already? If not, please, please, please tell him not to watch it. Tell him Ate Neen doesn't recommend that movie to him. It's too brutal and gross, totally not good for kids. Thanks Mom."

Then Mom said, "Not yet. I'll confiscate it from him then."

I WAS TOTALLY RELIEVED when Mom said that he hadn't watch it yet. Because you see, the movie was good, the story was good, the production was good--but it was not good for kids to watch such brutality! It can traumatize the kids mentality, you know.

Yes, most kids do understand the war concepts, and it's really a good thing if you make them understand the fighting stuff. In fact, parents should watch with their kids together, and make then understand the complicated parts of the movie. However, 300 Rise of an Empire was too much of brutality, too much war, too much blood and really, really gross.

So, as an older sister of four siblings, I don't highly recommend this movie to kids like them. I don't know about you. But I hope you understand my point.

You don't like your kid watching a brain gushing out from a human's skull, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment